Whether you're travelling for work or pleasure, you'll want to take some time to relax and unwind. Why not spend your free time exploring some of the Gold Coast's natural attractions? It is said that people can find healing in nature. So, by visiting an incredible natural attraction, you may break free from the constraints of your daily life and de-stress.
Visit the Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens when on the Gold Coast.
Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens
Tourists and residents alike should visit the Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens. The Gardens cover 31 hectares and are only 15-minutes from Broadbeach Savannah. The Gardens are open all year, from 5 AM to 7 PM and admission is free!
So, what exactly does this place have to offer? The Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens has lots of exciting things to view.
- Sensory Garden: You may smell and touch plants and flowers at the Sensory Garden. This garden, supported by Gold Coast Rotary (District 9640), offers a unique experience for all visitors, particularly disabled people. The garden is set up to allow everyone easy access to interact with nature in a secure environment.
- Rose Garden: In the Rose Garden, you may stop and smell the roses. The Gold Coast Rose Society designed and planted the rose garden, which has a variety of roses suitable to the local climate.
- Butterfly Garden: Alternatively, go to the Butterfly Garden to see the local butterfly species. Keep your eyes peeled for these beautiful species. The plant selection in this garden is based on their needs. It means you'll be able to have a closer look at the life of this lovely insect. You will surely see adult butterflies consuming nectar from the gorgeous flowers as well as eggs and larvae on the leaves.
Araucaria Forest and Blackbutt, Birds at the Botanic Gardens, Closed Forest Gorge, Eucalyptus Open Woodland, Freshwater Wetlands, Gum Tree Corridor, Horticulture Display Garden, Mangroves to Mountains, Montane Rockery, and Special Trees are also a few of the other places you should see. And if you're visiting with your family, make sure to stop by these destinations as well.
- Kids playground: This charming site, surrounded by gorgeous flowers, provides the ideal atmosphere for children to play, swing, and giggle in a safe environment.
- Kaialgumm Games Trail: For the Kaialgumm Games Trail, you'll need a smartphone or tablet with a QR scanner. Kai, Kolap, Kee'an, Taktyerrain, Weme, and Woggabaliri are the six spots along the route where you will learn about Kaialgumm Games.
The word kaialgumm derives from the Gold Coast's Yugambeh language. Traditionally, the kaialgumm was the hunter's leader. The Kaialgumm Games Trail will help you learn more about each traditional indigenous game. Scan the QR code on each site, and you'll also discover how to play it.
Aside from these beautiful areas, the Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens hosts various family-friendly events and activities. The following is a list of their upcoming events in 2022.
Guided Butterfly Walk
01 FEBRUARY 2022 | 09:00 AM TO 10:00 AM
Butterflies are beautiful insects. Do they enthral you? Join others for a Guided Butterfly Walk to learn more about nature's winged miracles. In the gardens, you will find butterflies, know which plants offer nectar, and understand the interpretive butterfly signs.
The walk is free, but donations are welcome. Meet your guide at the Meeting Post in the Botanic Gardens before the Friends Centre. Please note that this is not appropriate for children under five. Also, please maintain a social distance.
NaturallyGC Little Nature Lovers
17 FEBRUARY 2022 | 10:00 AM TO 11:00 AM
17 MARCH 2022 | 10:00 AM TO 11:00 AM
21 APRIL 2022 | 10:00 AM TO 11:00 AM
This event provides free workshops for children aged 3 to 5. The small ones will have a great time exploring nature in the lovely Botanic Gardens and learning about what makes the Gold Coast environment so unique. A walk, an activity, and a story reading are all included in each session.
NaturallyGC Hotel for Frogs
05 APRIL 2022 | 10:00 AM TO 11:00 AM
There are 240 native frog species in Australia, with 39 living on the Gold Coast. These frogs require a proper habitat in which to survive and reproduce. This class will cover all they need to know, followed by a "How to Build Your Own Frog Hotel” presented by Watergum. The frog motel you'll build will be placed in the garden for the frogs. It is a workshop for children aged 6 to 12.
After a pleasant visit, enjoy a cup of freshly ground organic coffee, loose-leaf teas, and gluten-free sweets. These are available every day at the Friends Centre, which is open Monday through Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM. Also, there's no need to worry if you're driving because there's plenty of visitor parking on site. Benowa State High School is right across the street from the Gardens, located on Ashmore Road in Benowa.
Are you ready to take a trip around this beautiful Gold Coast landmark? Make sure to book a nearby hotel, such as the Broadbeach Savannah Resort.
Savannah Hotel Broadbeach provides modern and comfortable accommodations as well as a variety of amenities for you to enjoy during your stay. A climate-controlled swimming pool, sauna, and gym are available. You can also have a relaxed BBQ or dine at one of the area's numerous local and international restaurants.
The hotel is close to several family-friendly places if you wish to see more sights, including Sea World, Movie World, and Dream World. The Gold Coast hotel is only a short drive away from these world-class theme parks.
Reservations can be made directly on the Savannah Broadbeach website.